Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fish Tacos....WAIT before you say eww fish just continue reading!

So we meet again! : ) I don't have much to say this time shocker I know ;-) Firstly for those of you who just read "FISH," and are totally disgusted about it just take out the fish and replace it with your chicken or steak whatever your little heart desires! ALSO I have love for my Vegeterian friends too, obviously cut the meat out and use any veggies (onions, mushrooms, zuchhini, tomatoes, etc) you love and season it the same way with my FIESTA seasoning! Not going to lie this is my new FAVORITE dish! Ask my taste testers about it on my facebook fan page - (Taste Mai) Anyway let's get started no time for a siesta it's time for a fiesta! OLE! (this recipe serves 4)

Live, Love, Laugh & EAT!
  Sarah

Start out by making the "fiesta seasoning" i recommend you go ahead and make this batch b/c it's salt-free most pre packaged seasonings contain a lot of salt! In an air tight jar/tubberware add: ¼ cup chilli powder, 1 tbsp each of dried oregano, ground/seeded cumin and ½ tsp of garlic powder. Tip: for every pound of meat you'll want to use 1 tbsp and for chilli use 2½ tbsp for every pound of meat

Next you'll want to season your fish and it doesn't matter what kind of fish I used salmon fillets (and i removed the skin prior)  4 salmon fillets at 6 ounces each I used 1½ tbsp of fiesta seasoning. (16 oz=1 lb) I just put them in a mixing bowl added seasoning and just mixed it around until it was evenly coated let the rub sit in for about 10-15 minutes or longer, and bake in the oven at 350 until cooked at your liking! I like it slightly pink so about 8-10 minutes. Once salmon is done cooking for each person they can do it them selves however they want to eat it, but take a fork and break it up it so it's like "shredded" salmon.


While your salmon is sitting in the rub start on the "slaw" all you'll need is in a large mixing bowl add ½ of cabbage shredded, 2-3 tomatoes (any kind) diced, ½ bunch of cilantro chopped, 1 onion (any kind) diced, 1-2 jalapenos/serrano minced, squeeze in 1 whole lime for juice or add it in to your liking, and optional 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.

As for tortillas I used Corn Tortillias they're actually a lot better for you than your flour tortillas. I actually really wanted eziekiel tortillias but they didn't have any at Hy-Vee so the next best thing was (click on pic) you can have 2 of them! : ) now they come frozen and you want to keep them in the freezer after your done so they last longer. Just let them thaw out doesn't take long and warm them up in the microwave for about 10 seconds

Now you have all the steps to make your taco! Want sour cream? Use a greek yogurt! I made it a ranch style! 1 cup of greek yogurt add 1 tbsp each of dried parsley, dried chives, 1 tsp of dried dill weed and ½ tsp of garlic powder and mix! (I PROMISE YOU it tastes exactly like the real buttermilk ranch) you can also throw cottage cheese in the blender with those ingredients to get a dressing!




No comments:

Post a Comment