Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mango Madness

I'm going through a mango stage right now and no joke I could eat it all day with everything! So why not a salsa/pico? I seriously add this to my salads & burgers I don't even want dressing because it's so full of flavor! it's just a good tropical change! : )

You'll need
-2  ripe mangos
-1/2 red onion
-1 cup chopped cilantro
-1/2 jalapeno/serrano/habanero minced (use as much as you want)
-1/2 juice of lime
salt/pepper to taste

With your mango you'll want to cut it in half of each side of the pit (the pit is about the same length of the mango itself) and once you have two sides of the mango (it's like a mini mango bowl) you'll want to carefully cut into the mango horizontally and vertically about 5 lines each way so basically you're making cubes, and then carefully with a knife remove from the mango skin.

In a large bowl add and mix cubed mango, chopped cilantro, diced onion, and minced jalapeno (you can use any type of onion I just prefer red onions they're sweeter to me) then squeeze in the juice of lime and lastly salt and pepper to taste

There really aren't any rules to this you can add as much cilantro/onion/jalapeno to your taste! I really love the taste of cilantro so I add a little more, it just seems refreshing to me!

Live, Love, Laugh & EAT!
 Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment